Wednesday, October 29, 2014

SOCIAL MOB RULE OR IN YOUR FACEBOOK

As a former user of facebook and Myspace I feel I can comment confidently on the phenomenon of social media. I tried it. It's not for me. I can appreciate all the positives as far as reaching people with ease. Some people (I won't mention names) immediately stopped reading my blogs, after I left facebook. If I wasn't there shoving my link in their face, allowing them a simple click, they weren't  that interested. I dig it. You're busy. It's fine. Read me or not. I honestly don't care. And this is why I left the giant circle jerk that is social media. I cared too much what you thought. I waited for your "likes" and if they weren't forth coming, I felt bad. I questioned what I had posted. Was it no good? Was I no good? I'm a one way transmitter. I really don't want to discuss. Let me keep my illusions.
    And these days the term "social media" might as well be "social mob". It can be measured very simply. It's in the numbers and everyone from the national news to the Yahoo feed pay attention. Just ask that poor kid who shot that white deer or any other schmuck that may want to go against the grain and post on fb. Immediately fb is up in arms. I know, it's egalitarian and I like that part of it. But it is also bullying in it's heavy handed, PC, we are the world and know best, goody- goodyness. I'm a feminist, but do I have to worry about the newest "Perfect Body" ad campaign by Victoria's Secret, just because "social media" tells me i should? Since when did women start paying attention to unrealistic body types? Come on people- they're supposed to be unrealistic. And last, but by no means least, the social hysteria involved in keeping a Maine nurse under house arrest because she went to West Africa to help with the ebola crisis. She has no symptoms and should not be quarantined.  Why don't you all shut the fuck up and pay attention to the science, not the mob.

  Otherwise the rut is starting to heat up. I had a four pointer run four big does right behind my stand over at Majestic a couple of nights ago. A front has gone through and the weekend should be cold. This may get the shooters up on their feet. If I only had a cell phone I'd try Instagram. But that ain't gonna happen any time soon. Looks like this is all you get.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment