Tuesday, November 25, 2014

HAPPY THANKSFERGUSON

Like the original guests of the European White Person's 4:00 pm sit down dinner, on the last Thursday of November, the American Indian, it looks like the Afro-American has also participated in one too many Thanksgivings. That old turkey bone is stuck firmly in everyone's craw. In the words of our President- "We live in a world of laws. We must trust the system." I don't really know he said that, but it was something like it. The problem of course if the system only really works for rich white or black, and esp. not poor black. In America the Indians are fucked. The Blacks are fucked. The poor are fucked. And they all use the same lawful system.

    But right now this is the farthest thing from mind. All I care about is snow is coming and I still haven't laid eyes on that dark, wide 8 since I couldn't close the deal with the bow. But others have been luckier. Waders and Trevor 2 both shot 4s, Milawyer got a 6, Mupp scored an 8, RNButch also got an 8 and PhotogGeorge scored the holy grail- a giant 12 (a couple posts ago). Savage Lynch and I are both empty. And this is because he and I are both what you would call Trophy Hunters. I know it sounds dirty. It's right up there with Studio Artist. I wasn't always this way. In fact I was initially such a lazy, casual hunter, I'd thrill at shooting a spike. But shit changes.
     Over 20 years I took a few good bucks and two monarchs last year. I was spoiled. It was also due to becoming proficient at recognizing sign (rubs and scrapes) and hanging in there to the degree that I actually succeeded in killing two big bucks that I was targeting. The feeling of accomplishment is indescribable. Nothing comes close in my little world. So I chase that feeling. And, I'm sorry, a little six just will not do anymore. HAPPY THANKSFERGUSON.

No comments:

Post a Comment